The Old Library is a volunteer-run not-for-profit organization and relies heavily on the community. There are many ways you can get involved and show your support for The Old Library.
The easiest way is by becoming a member. Membership dues assure the Library’s continued success. Joining the Old Library is quick, easy, and grants you access to our collection of books.
The Library always welcomes new volunteers. Introductory training is provided for new volunteer librarians followed by hands-on training on regular shifts. Librarians are assigned to a regular four-hour morning or afternoon shift as places become available. Duties include manning the circulation desk, shelving and processing books, and assisting library users. All volunteers must be members of the Library.
SECOND HAND BOOK DONATIONS
The Old Library accepts donations of second-hand books, subject to space capacity. However we are currently not accepting any donations.
All book donations must conform to the following:
- Must be in English
- Must be in good condition
- Damaged books with broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty or moldy, with smoke or water damage, or with excessive writing in the text
- Clearly outdated materials such as encyclopedias, atlases, or travel guides that are more than 3 years old
- Magazines, periodicals, or journals
- Condensed books (Reader’s Digest)
- Advertising material like catalogs
- Workbooks or textbooks